Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 15 - Mt. Pleasant UT to Torrey, UT







As I sip my morning coffee, gazing out at the magnanimous view that surrounds me, I am yet again baffled by nature. Sean and Susan’s house is located in the foothills of Mt. Pleasant and there is not a bad view from any window – believe me – I checked them all! Tired of sitting in the car – we decided to explore on ATVs. Sean loaded them up and took us exploring. We traversed rocks and washouts, ruts and ditches as we made our way to several of what I consider the most beautiful vistas. With the very wet spring and a day of warm weather – the mountains were a virtual rainbow of colors, brimming with new flora and fauna and even a few animals. We winded our way back down the mountain, as Mary and I tried our hands at driving – and who would of thought no one even got thrown or hurt! We washed off the layer of dust, packed the car yet again and headed south to Pat’s in Torrey, Utah. During our short 2 ½ hour drive we managed to cause a herd of cows to stampede towards the road and make the day of two kids selling lemonade for 10 cents a glass. We arrived in Torrey and sat with Pat chatting and catching up and were greeting by yet another familiar face – Tim. The four of us (Zack, Mary, Tim and I) headed off to the local watering hole ‘The Patio’ for nourishment, liquid refreshment and some horseshoes! After a pleasant visit we turned in for the night – tomorrow we will view the splendor of Capital Reef, Zion and the lights of Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment